The Bay Area Building Industry Association (BIA) awarded the Shea Homes® Northern California division with not one, not two, but 10 industry awards last Friday night in San Francisco at the 2017 Excellence in Homebuilding Awards.
Shea Homes® was honored with the top award of the night – Builder of the Year, for our outstanding accomplishments, company culture, and stewardship within the community.
The Shea Team was honored with the following awards and recognition throughout the night:
- Purchasing Team of the Year
- Best Community Logo – Sage
- Best Community Brochure for a Community – Sage
- Best Print Ad – Sage Well Rounded
- Best Graphic Continuity – Sage
- Best Sales or Leasing Office Design – Sage
- Sales Team of the Year – Sage
- Best Architectural Design Detached 3,501 Sq. Ft. and Over – Vista Dorado Plan 3
- Detached Community of the Year – Vista Dorado
- Builder of the Year 200 Homes and Over
Interested in staying up-to-date with Shea Homes® Northern California? Register for community updates to stay in-the-know.
Looking for a few easy ways to celebrate Earth Day that doesn’t involve planting a tree or leaving the comfort of your own home? Here are a few ways to embrace energy efficiency this Earth Day. You’ll be doing the planet a favor, and helping your budget too! So give yourself a double dose of green this weekend by checking your home to make sure it is a lean, mean energy efficient machine!
Seal Air Ducts
Check for cracks around windows, doors, and electrical outlets that are located on an exterior wall.
Check sink, dishwasher and refrigerator water lines for leaks or deterioration and replace any items that appear worn. Check water heater or rust, which may indicate a leak.
Check for Cracks
Using incense or a smoke stick can help you find smaller cracks. Watch where the smoke goes to see if any air is escaping your home.
Add weather stripping
Putting weather stripping around doors and windows can save you 10% on your heating and cooling bill and prevent energy from being wasted.
Want to go even further? Update your light bulbs to LED and install a low-flow showerhead. Mother earth will thank you!
Love your Shea home? Show us by entering our #SheaSelfie Instagram contest! All you have to do is take a selfie showing us your favorite space in your place! This could be anywhere from your front yard, to your favorite room, area of your home, deck, etc. Post your photo or video to Instagram for the chance to win a $100 gift card to Target! Three winners will be chosen on May 26th.
Here’s how to enter:
- Take a selfie in your favorite spot of your Shea home (friends, neighbors, and family can be in the photo, too).
- Post it on Instagram, and be sure you’re following @sheahomessocal and tag @sheahomessocal on your photo/video.
- Hashtag your post with #SheaSelfie.