You may have heard that some upscale resorts employ a “romance concierge” to help arrange guests arrange those over-the-top romantic surprises. Well, here at Shea Homes in Arizona, some of our employees recently got to play cupid themselves.
Back in October, new homeowners James S. and Gianna C. arrived at Desert Ambition for their Home Delivery appointment. Under normal circumstances, this is a very exciting day. But Gianna had no idea what was in store. Prior to their arrival, James had conspired with Shea employees Rich McClaskey and Joe Brimley to stage the perfect setting for him to propose to Gianna when the couple received the keys to their new home. There were more than a few tears from the Shea folks who were lucky enough to witness the proposal.
For those of you who are able to pull off a home delivery/marriage proposal, please know that we at Shea Homes are always ready and willing to play romance concierge. And for those of you who aren’t quite ready for such a grand gesture, here are a few of our other favorite creative ways to pop the question:
- Surprise your sweetie in front of the Scottsdale LOVE sculpture. Just imagine the photo opps!
- Put together a treasure hunt that leads to some of your special spots around town and ends with a proposal
- Hide the ring, along with a bottle of champagne, in a hidden spot on your favorite hiking trail.
- Curl up by a patio fireplace, then pull out a poem all about your sweetheart – and a ring, of course
- Cook a gourmet dinner at home, and slip a custom fortune into the fortune cookie
- Leave a path of petals or votive candles leading to an engagement ring
- Make arrangements with the waiter to deliver a special dessert…along with a written proposal
- Spell it out with sidewalk chalk, then lead her up to the artsy proposal. Again, awesome photo opportunity
- Order a custom photo puzzle with a photo of you holding a sign that says “Will You Marry Me?”
And finally, there’s always the good old fashioned Cracker Jack box proposal. Just make sure she doesn’t bite into the diamond!