We all want to make our house as “homey” as possible, but sometimes coming up with an original creative idea can be difficult. Have you ever found the perfect decor for your home but looked at the price tag and realized you’d have to put that dream item aside?
Whether you’re crafty or not there are an infinite amount of ways to make your house feel like home, without the big budget. Here are some DIY ideas to help you get started.
- Sometimes the secret to sprucing up the look of a room is in a simple paint job. Buying a can or two of paint won’t completely deplete your wallet and painting can be a fun family activity. Painting straight lines can be daunting but here’s a great guide to perfectly straight lines here.
- Maybe painting isn’t your thing. You can add color and life to your walls by framing fabric or a wallpaper sample. Or, grab a slab of wood and wrap it in the fabric or wallpaper sample for a fun unique look.
- Here’s a cheap trick. If you have old shoe boxes lying around paint them bright colors and turn them into a hanging wall display!
- For the door collecting enthusiast, or maybe someone who likes to rummage through other’s junk, here’s a great idea! Turn old doors into a coffee table in a few easy steps.
- Here’s another simple, and practical, idea. Paint the door you use most in your home a dark color, like black, to reduce smudges. A great example for this project would be the garage door entering into your home. The color also adds a little extra flare to your garage and really minimizes the need for cleaning. Now you don’t have to worry so much about your husband or kids coming into the home with dirty hands.
- Here’s one for the lover of electronics. Between you and the people in your home you may have quite a few electronics, create your very own DIY charging station!
- And one last idea: use scraps of plywood to create shelves to help you organize or as a place to arrange some of your photos.
Do you have any great DIY tips? Let us know in the comments below!